To understand the impact of MediQuip Global it is important to remember why this social enterprise was started—to reduce the delays in people getting medical care because of malfunctioning, non-functioning, or inadequate equipment.
Numbers help say the impact story but, in this case, are not enough. MediQuip Global has improved the quality of service in East Africa, and it is in the process of measuring some of the changes. Here are some of the changes that the team has observed and some case studies that tell the story of change:
- Reduced the downtime of equipment
- Reduced the frequency of breakdown of equipment
- Reduced the referral burden at facilities
- Reduced the expenditure on equipment for facilities
- Trained biomed engineers and health workers in proper use of equipment
- Contributed to the evolution of service referrals